Quoted as for “advanced beginner”, Nikon has brought their new camera named Nikon D5300. After the wide popularity of D3200 and D7100, Nikon has thought of getting something for the people in between them. Nikon D5300 package is an upgraded model of the Nikon D5200 bundle and looks like a clone it. Though the looks are similar, but it has some serious thing under its hood. It records pictures and videos in high quality. The increase in a number of focusing points provides you with fast autofocus. The LCD screen is a little larger than the later one. Though, we thought of having a touchscreen. But, it is enough to say for a mid-range camera producing with so many features. Moreover, it is compact and light weighted. Here check out some of the basic features and aspects of this product and get inspired to get this in your hands:
Image sensor: 23.5 x 15.6 mm CMOS sensor, without OLPF.
Shutter speed: 1/4000 – 30 s
Exposure meeting: RGB sensor of 2016-pixel for its TTL exposure meeting.
ISO sensitivity: 100 – 12,800 (standard), can be extended up to 25,600 with auto control.
Display Size: 3.2” with 1.04M dot variable angle.
Auto Focus: The sensor module contains TTL phase detection with 39 focus points and 9 cross-type sensor.
It can have a continuous shooting of 5 fps.
It provides with 1080 60p/30p movie mode.
Built in GPS.
- Image quality is similar to other expensive DSLRs.
- The dynamic range is great and an all-around performer in terms of responsive.
- HD quality video shooting.
- Compact and lightweight in size.
- Built in GPS to store the location and ease out in putting information on photos.
- Built in Wi-Fi to connect directly to your handsets for sharing.
- More battery life giving enough energy to take around 600 shots.
- Shooting highest quality like 14-bit RAW images tends to slow the burst speed.
- It is more prone to moire with its AA-filterless sensor.
Recommendation to buy
Nikon has always been doing evolutionary upgrades to their DSLRs. The sensor of the camera can shoot HD quality images and videos similar or little bit upper hand than other DSLRs. The size of the LCD screen is perfect to view the photo. Moreover, the size of the camera is so compact, that is easy to handle. The extra feature of Wi-Fi and GPS in Nikon D5300 deals is a great choice for persons having less patience. The camera is available in around $800 (only body), which is cheap enough for beginners taking decent snaps.